Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And the school year begins!


Welcome back folks! And the school year begins. Some of you may be just beginning your Master's program, others of you may be beginning your second year and that means beginning your internship, getting involved at your on-site internship (whether school or otherwise) and a whole gag of other wonderful things. For my internship site I had the wonderful opportunity of attending a bibliotherapy seminar this morning, and for the next couple of posts I thought I would share some of the books I learned about. Feel free to check them out for yourself!

First, the wonderful seminar was offered by a school counselor by the name of Amy Sauder Lehman who has written the book "That's My Story Too"-- check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Story-Brambrut-Sauder-Lehman/dp/1598500821/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283385367&sr=8-1. This is a book for K-5th grade that includes 4 books/grade with lesson plans and reproducibles for each book. She was a great speaker and clearly knew what she was talking about and could get adults, and surely children, engaged in the material. I highly suggest this resource, and I plan on buying it myself!


In the next couple of days I will be adding some of the other great books that were talked about in this seminar for you to check out. Feel free to leave comments about your favorite children's books or books you have used in internship already!


No comments:

Post a Comment